hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: hadoop-2.0.0 release
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 00:07:24 GMT
The last blocker went in around a week ago and I've been running some MR tests.

OTOH, I just rolled the hadoop-2.0.0-alpha-rc0 I realized we have *no* docs/guide for HDFS
HA.

Granted it's an alpha release; however, given that HDFS HA is a *major* feature it _behoves_
us to provide *some* docs/guide via mvn-apt.

I've opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-3354, any volunteers? Eli, would you
be willing? (Thanks in advance!)

Once this is fixed I'll re-roll the RC0 asap, all ready to go my end.

PS: I'm travelling on a family emergency, pls expect sporadic response till Monday am PST.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy