hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Enis Söztutar <e...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.2-rc0
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:05:08 GMT
-1 for option b. KDE did that with 4.0, and it caused a lot of confusion,
frustration and occasional mocking, although it was very well known and
documented that 4.0 series were still beta quality.

+1 for option a. I would image we can go with 2.0.x-alpha releases, and
when we are ready to go stable, call it 2.1 release, wdyt?

Enis