hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.2-rc0
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:47:48 GMT
On 23 April 2012 22:54, Eric Baldeschwieler <eric14@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> - Are the YARN APIs complete enough?  I'd like to see a couple of new
> frameworks implemented to work out the APIs
> -- MPI - A classic with new needs
> -- Maybe supporting HBase as a service within YARN?  This will test APIs
> -- Headless Map-Reduce or Pig jobs?  One should be able to run them
> without a fat client...
> -- Job history tracking for arbitrary frameworks without new server code /
> framework?

-Graphing: Hama & Giraph. these would be ideal as they aren't at 1.x
release stage yet, and because it makes so much sense to run them within
the Hadoop cluster where the data lives. I think Giraph already sneaks in
an an MR job, because the limit on Job Counters in the 1.x branch is
limiting the number of supersteps.

-I've ported the remote shell app to Groovy, though not actually tested it
yet. What I'd like is to deploy something on every node that can take a
list of nodes and a start time, and trigger an attempt to send data to the
destination -that way you can qualify a cluster's bandwidth. for that I'd
really like a way for any user w/ admin rights to deploy something on a
named machine even if there are no free resources.