hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.2-rc0
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:45:36 GMT
Yep, makes sense - I'll roll an rc0 for 2.0 after.

However, we should consider whether HDFS protocols are 'ready' for us to commit to them for
the foreseeable future, my sense is that it's a tad early - particularly with auto-failover
not complete.

Thus, we have a couple of options:
a) Call the first release here as *2.0.0-alpha* version (lots of ASF projects do this).
b) Just go with 2.0.0 and deem 2.0.x or 2.1.x as the first stable release and fwd-compatible
release later.

Given this is a major release (unlike something obscure like hadoop-0.23.0) I'm inclined to
go with a) i.e. hadoop-2.0.0-alpha.

Thoughts?

Arun

--