hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CVE-2012-1574] Apache Hadoop user impersonation vulnerability
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 17:19:11 GMT
I received off list communication that the fix is here: https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common/commit/fda454

Thank you, this is the missing disclosure we were looking for.

I did not go so far back in time as >~ 21 days because the announcement was made today,
so missed it.

So there is additional mitigation possible, for example, a user can patch task-controller
quite readily and roll out an emergency upgrade.

Best regards,

    - Andy