hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Naming of Hadoop releases
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 22:00:47 GMT
Arun,

As Konstantin has noted in the email below:

> If the community decides to rename .22 to 2 I will be glad to work on it.

My inclination (as I have communicated to several people at apachecon) is
to upgrade our clusters from 1.0 to 0.23 (whatever it is called when it
becomes stable). The reason for this is the pain of backporting patches to
0.22 from trunk (because of mavenization.)

This does not mean that 0.22 is abandoned. Other than eBay, I know of two
sizeable deployments of 0.22 in universities. And other than removing
LinuxTaskController (which those folks apparently do not care about),
there are many more features in 0.22 that they *do* care about.

- Milind