hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jitendra Pandey <jiten...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Debugging with kerberos enabled
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 18:14:57 GMT
Hi Evert,
  HADOOP-8078 was recently committed that lets you bring up a kdc in unit
tests and you can test namenode with security on. However, datanodes still
don't come up because they require privileged ports when security is
enabled. But, there is a workaround patch attached to HDFS-3064 which will
allow datanodes to come up as well. Please use same principals for namenode
and all datanodes. The keytabs are also committed as part of HADOOP-8078.

regards