hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 01:31:37 GMT
 Agree. In fact, I'm happy to rename branch-0.23 to branch-Y (Y > 1),
if we can agree on the other thread, & create the RC.

 I agree with Todd (P) that its time to call it some thing other than
0.23, particularly with HDFS Wire-Compat and HA. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 17, 2012, at 2:51 PM, Eli Collins <eli@cloudera.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> +1, nice to see this go in to branch-0.23.
>>
>> Given the discussion on the hadoop-0.23.1 voting thread, can I request the fix-version
for this to be 23.3? As I've mentioned there I'm thinking a 23.2 as a small bug-fix release
in a week or so with some critical fixes/enhancements - this won't affect the PB merge at
all.