hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Thomas Graves <tgra...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:14:51 GMT
I downloaded and checked this rc, some of the things I checked:

  - release notes are present both binary and src
  - html documentation present in binary: share/doc/hadoop/index.html
  - release is present at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/hadoop/hadoo
p-common/0.23.1/
  - tag looks good and matches src tarball contents
  - LICENSE, NOTICE and REAEDME are good
  - md5 and signatures good
  - src tarball builds

Testing: All testing on single node, unsecured
  - all daemons started - hdfs/yarn/history server
  - Ran wordcount, sleep, teragen, terasort, teravalidate and all passed

Questions (I'm new to this process):
  - in binary package container-executor appears to be 64 bit, but the
libraries (libhadoop.a, etc) are 32 bit - what is the binary supposed to
support - 32 or 64?
  - CHANGES.txt contains the date as (2012-02-08), does this need to be
updated for the new date of the rc1 vote?

Thanks,
Tom