hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:20:11 GMT
I would like to see HADOOP-8054 put into 0.23.1.  This is a regression that breaks hive.

--Bobby Evans

On 2/14/12 11:28 PM, "Arun C Murthy" <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

I've created another release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to release.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc1/
The hadoop-0.23.1-rc1 svn tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-0.23.1-rc1
The maven artifacts for hadoop-0.23.1-rc1 are also available at repository.apache.org.

Since hadoop-0.23.1-rc0 last week, we've fixed some important bugs:
# HDFS-2923. Namenode IPC handler count uses the wrong configuration key.
# MAPREDUCE-3858. Task attempt failure during commit results in task never completing.
# MAPREDUCE-3846. Addressed MR AM hanging issues during AM restart and then the recovery.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy