hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc1
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:51:02 GMT
I built a tar from the tag, ran some basic tests on a single node cluster and it ran just fine.
 I am a bit concerned about the unit tests though.  I ran all of the unit tests and I saw
several failures

org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TestStartup
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.TestApplicationCleanup
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.v2.app.TestRMContainerAllocator
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestLazyOutput
 org.apache.hadoop.tools.mapred.TestUniformSizeInputFormat

The only JIRA I could find for these failures is MAPREDUCE-3776 which covers TestRMContainerAllocator.

I am not sure if 0.23.1 is being considered alpha quality and if so do we want to let unit
test failures block the release.

--Bobby Evans