hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 03:51:02 GMT
Todd,

>From your analysis at HDFS-2991, looks like this was there in 0.23
too. Also, seems this happens only at scale, and only (paraphrasing
you) "when the file is reopened for append on an exact block
boundary".

Agree it is a critical fix, but given above, can we proceed along with
0.23.1? Anyways, 0.23.1 is still an alpha (albeit of next level), so
I'd think we can get that in for 0.23.2.

+Vinod