hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:05:29 GMT
I just committed HDFS-2923 to branch-0.23. This bug can cause big
performance issues on the NN since the number of IPC handlers will
default way too low and won't be changed with the expected config.

Since there's a workaround, it's not a regression since 0.23.0, and
0.23.1 is still going to be labeled alpha/beta, it's up to you whether
you want to spin an rc1 on account of just this bug. If there are
other issues, though, definitely worth including this in rc1.

-Todd

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> I've created a release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to release.
>
> It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc0/
>
> Some highlights:
> # Since hadoop-0.23.0 in November there has been significant progress in branch-0.23
with nearly 400 jiras committed to it (68 in Common, 78 in HDFS and 242 in MapReduce).
> # An important aspect is that we've done a lot of performance related work and hadoop-0.23.1
matches or exceeds performance of hadoop-1 in pretty much every aspect of HDFS & MapReduce.

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera