hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 00:55:30 GMT
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 10:56 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Let's continue discussion on jira, we can help debug your environment.

It could very well be an environmental issue, no disagreement there. That said,
given that we've ran into this issue right away suggests that *at least* it
needs to be understood and FAQed.

> We've run with security on for a long while now, all performance validation was with
> it too and we've run, literally, tens of thousands of jobs with it.

(this belongs to a different thread, apologies)

I also do have a work around for it, which is, at the same time incredibly easy
and incredibly insecure -- make all users share a group with yarn.

So yes, it is possible to construct and environment that unlocks me in
KRB testing,
but I wouldn't dare run something like that in production.

If you have a production-level advise on what to do -- please chime in
on a JIRA.

Thanks,
Roman.