hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 08:17:45 GMT

On Feb 9, 2012, at 12:05 AM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> I just committed HDFS-2923 to branch-0.23. This bug can cause big
> performance issues on the NN since the number of IPC handlers will
> default way too low and won't be changed with the expected config.
>
> Since there's a workaround, it's not a regression since 0.23.0, and
> 0.23.1 is still going to be labeled alpha/beta, it's up to you whether
> you want to spin an rc1 on account of just this bug. If there are
> other issues, though, definitely worth including this in rc1.

Thanks for the heads up Todd.

I agree, HDFS-2923 seems like a good reason to do an rc1...

Arun

> -Todd
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:33 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> I've created a release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to release.
>>
>> It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc0/
>>
>> Some highlights:
>> # Since hadoop-0.23.0 in November there has been significant progress in branch-0.23
with nearly 400 jiras committed to it (68 in Common, 78 in HDFS and 242 in MapReduce).
>> # An important aspect is that we've done a lot of performance related work and hadoop-0.23.1
matches or exceeds performance of hadoop-1 in pretty much every aspect of HDFS & MapReduce.

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.