hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.1-rc0
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 09:33:09 GMT
I've created a release candidate for hadoop-0.23.1 that I would like to release.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.1-rc0/

Some highlights:
# Since hadoop-0.23.0 in November there has been significant progress in branch-0.23 with
nearly 400 jiras committed to it (68 in Common, 78 in HDFS and 242 in MapReduce).
# An important aspect is that we've done a lot of performance related work and hadoop-0.23.1
matches or exceeds performance of hadoop-1 in pretty much every aspect of HDFS & MapReduce.

# Also, several downstream projects (HBase, Pig, Oozie, Hive etc.)  seem to be playing nicely
with hadoop-0.23.1.

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy