hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 0.23.1-rc2
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 05:32:14 GMT

On Feb 23, 2012, at 10:30 AM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> Alright, consider me -0, though it's pretty nasty once you run into
> it. The only way I could start my NN again without losing data was to
> recompile with the fix in place.

Thanks Todd.

I'm thinking 23.1 has stewed long enough that we can get it out and follow up with a 23.2
in a week or so with:
a) HDFS-2991
b) The build issue for LCE that Roman pointed out.
c) A few other useful ones like MAPREDUCE-3884 and some nice to have, but safe, fixes such
as MAPREDUCE-3897, MAPREDUCE-3900 etc.

OTOH, we don't have to block the PB merge either, I can just do 23.2 soon off a branch from
branch-0.23.1.

Makes sense?

Arun