hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: locking down wiki.apache.org/hadoop
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:57:09 GMT
Seems like a good idea.

We do want powered by submission to be as low friction as possible.  Can we do a form ->
jira or something, so we grant access and add their content on one submission?

Any thoughts?

---
E14 - typing on glass

On Dec 6, 2011, at 3:39 AM, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> the Hadoop wiki has been collecting a lot of spam links, usually on the front page or
PoweredBy; these are clearly the high ranking destinations. Keeping these links under control
is a waste of effort.

> I propose locking down the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop so that before a user
can edit it, they need someone with the right permissions to grant them access -which we could
do via an email to the common-dev list

> The lock-down process is described here
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-_tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot
>
> 1. At the end of the email there's the list of people that have made non-spam contributions
in the past 90 days;

> 2. people with admin rights can add new contributors.
>
> For this I propose adding people who I think are contributors to Hadoop or one of the
related projects (HBase, Hive, Zookeeper ...) .

> The current list I've set up is
>
> * Arun C Murthy
> * DmitriyLyubimov
> * DougCutting
> * DougMeil
> * EliCollins
> * FlavioJunqueira
> * GaryHelmling
> * GavinMcDonald
> * GiridharanKesavan
> * ErIc14
> * JoeSchaefer
> * johanoskarsson
> * JohnSichi
> * KonstantinShvachko
> * LukeLu
> * mahadevkonar
> * MattFoley
> * NigelDaley
> * OwenOMalley
> * SebastianBazley
> * SteveLoughran
> * stack
> * ToddLipcon
> * TomWhite
> * VinodKumarVavilapalli
>
> I don't know everyone downstream, so email me direct with your wiki account and I'll
add them or any other asf committer

> Reviewing the last 90 day contributor list and filtering out the spammers, the initial
list of people who should get contributor access is below.