hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: No svn revision corresponding to hadoop-0.23.0-src.tar.gz contents?
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 04:46:46 GMT
Or you can just tag it x.y.z-rc0, and 'svn mv' it to the final tag spot
without the rc designation if it is approved, else svn rm it.  I'm not
sure why you would need to create a branch for each release, rather than
simply a tag for each release.

svn cp branches/0.23.x tags/0.23.1-rc0
cd tags/0.23.1-rc0
mvn versions:set . . . (to 0.23.1, then commit)
svn commit  (tag created with updated poms)

vote passes ....
svn mv tags/0.23.1-rc0 tags/0.23.1

The 'tags/0.23.1-rc0' above can be replaced with any svn path you wish
that is temporary.