hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc1
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 18:00:04 GMT

On Nov 2, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> On 11/01/2011 06:42 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>> I've created a new release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would like to
release.
>> http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.0-rc1/
>
> Arun, thanks for creating this!
>
> I ran RAT manually on the full source tarball and found 11 java source
> files without license headers:

Thanks for trying it out the rc Doug & Vinod; and to help from Tom and Owen on debugging
the 'mvn deploy' issues I've faced.

I'll roll an rc1 after fixing this and ensuring f/b from Vinod is incorporated. I'll also
plan to incorporate Owen's patch for 'mvn deploy' (HADOOP-7797).

Appreciate patience from folks, this is our first release after mavenization and I'm doing
running repairs to the system documented here:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToReleasePostMavenization

I've also opened MAPREDUCE-3335 to track a fix to our rat checks.

thanks,
Arun