hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [VOTE] Release hadoop-0.23.0-rc0
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:47:17 GMT
I've created a release candidate for hadoop-0.23.0 that I would like to release.

It is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-0.23.0-rc0/

hadoop-0.23 has significant new features: HDFS Federation and NextGen MapReduce being the
highlights.

It's also very early in the 0.23 life-cycle and the release is distinctly 'alpha' quality
and is not intended to be stable release right-away. The plan is to deploy this to smallish
(500+ nodes) clusters and to start hardening it. This should also help downstream projects
(Pig, Hive, HBase) start testing against the 0.23 line. Expect to see more bug-fix releases
of the branch-0.23 in the forthcoming weeks (0.23.1 etc.)

Please try the release and vote; the vote will run for the usual 7 days.

thanks,
Arun