hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Java Versions and Hadoop
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:31:02 GMT
Steve,

>I would suggest moving up projects on the side first, layers on top,
>like your MPI-on-YARN stuff, where there is little or no installed base
>to worry about

That is exactly the project for which I though some of the new I/O
interfaces would reduce the amount of code, (plus auto-freed resources on
exceptions, with try-with blocks). But my goal is to make it work in
current hadoop deployments, rather than having a special deploy with jdk7.
So, I need to worry about the current install-base of hadoop.

- milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)