hadoop-general mailing list archives

From 郭顺旭 <guo...@163.com>
Subject Re:Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:52:12 GMT
Great news!
At 2011-09-27 05:07:06,"Arun C Murthy" <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I thought I'd drop a note to update folks on progress of hadoop-0.23.
>
>Things are have been very busy in hadoop-0.23 land. We continue to crank through the issues
and get ready to ship.

>We are mostly pass the initial teething pains of moving our entire build infrastructure
to Maven - many thanks to Alejandro, Tom, Giri & Eric Yang.

>HDFS is nearly there:
># HDFS Federation and Client side mount tables have been tested with ~300 node clusters
with security turned on.
># HDFS upgrades have been tested from 0.20.2xx.
># Functional tests for HDFS  are complete.
>
>NextGen MapReduce (aka MRv2, aka YARN) is coming along great:
># We are happy to report we've done extensive scale testing to confirm stability
>  - Sort/GridMixv3 etc. at ~350nodes
>  - Scale testing with simulated clusters of ~1500 nodes
># Functional tests for all of MapReduce functionality
># Pig  (0.9 & 0.9.1) working with NextGen MapReduce
># All above have been done with no regressions in security.
>
>We are about to finish performance certification for both HDFS & MapReduce in the
next couple of weeks too, after which we start integration tests with HBase, Hive, Oozie etc.

>We have cranked through 75 bugs in September alone (http://s.apache.org/mr-sept) and have
another 50-ish bugs to go... we have at least 4 different organizations contributing patches
to MRv2 in Sept alone: Yahoo, Hortonworks, LinkedIn & Huawei.

>Given where we are I'm confident we can have a strong hadoop-0.23.0 release by late October.
The current plan is to deploy to alpha clusters in November. Citius, Altius, Fortius! :)