hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Java Versions and Hadoop
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:16:30 GMT
On Oct 11, 2011, at 11:57 AM, <Milind.Bhandarkar@emc.com> <Milind.Bhandarkar@emc.com>
wrote:

> Oh, that is very interesting ! Would I have to write my own
> container-launcher for that ? Or does existing container launcher support
> it ?

In MR2 the command line for the container is the AM's own responsibility.

So, you can easily set whatever JAVA_HOME for your container in the cmd-line. Or something
other than java too... :)

Also, you can either choose to have a alternate java install on all nodes or ship them with
the Container itself (i.e. think DistributedCache).

@see ContainerLaunchContext.

More details here:
http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/yarn/WritingYarnApplications.html

We can take this discussion to mapreduce-dev@.

Arun

PS: That link will point to hadoop.apache.org once we have a release of 0.23, something I
host as an temp. alternative till then.