hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:17:32 GMT
Folks,

 Quick note - the dev community continues to scramble to get things wrapped up on hadoop-0.23.

 We are down to ~30 blockers and I hope to see them resolved over the next two weeks!

 Also, I feel Alejandro and Tom can finish up the remaining mavenization bits by then too
- as I see it, it's very close... thanks guys!

 Once done, I plan to call a vote on a hadoop-0.23.0 which we can start deploying (and further
stabilizing) right-away.

 My hope is that hadoop-0.23.0 is a strong alpha which we can then beat into shape after,
the idea is to ship soon so we get folks to play with it and help downstream projects to integrate
for e.g. Pig already works, and I know Todd is working on getting HBase to play well too.

thanks,
Arun