hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2011 18:45:42 GMT
Thanks Andy,

I think this is a clear summary of what would be a good outcome.

I would suggest that detailed bigtop discussions should go to bigtop, but status updates are
undoubtedly interesting to this audience.

But I do request that folks not "inject exhortations to participate in Bigtop into random
other topics on general@, such as status reports by another project or group".

E14

On Sep 30, 2011, at 9:34 AM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

> This time it seems easy to split the difference here.
>
> - Sufficient interest in Bigtop so announcements and discussions can/should go to general@.*
>
> - There is no need to (and a request not to) inject exhortations to participate in Bigtop
into random other topics on general@, such as status reports by another project or group.
Simply create new threads to discuss Bigtop matters.

> * - Seems to me a community effort to qualify an integrated stack top to bottom is a
good thing, but I question doing this for 0.22, which nobody is going to use much, or so I
hear.