hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 19:35:15 GMT
Hi Jeff,

This sees like a great opportunity for you to add some value.  I'd welcome that.  It seems
rude to me to beat up the folks who have been driving the majority of the work on a project
to do more.  In general I don't think its good open source etiquete to ask others to contribute
their time to address your concerns.  This is a community of volunteers after all.

If you're wondering why I am asserting that arun and company have done the majority of the
work on 23, check out the last graph on this post, or look at the commit logs.

http://www.hortonworks.com/the-yahoo-effect/

If you are interested in doing some work, I'd suggest starting by wiring in the work on gridmix
and pigmix that members of the our mapreduce and pig teams have contributed.  That's several
man-years worth of testing contributed to the community.  These are the center pieces of our
testing.  Go wild.

Follow your passion,

E14