hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nigel Daley <nda...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Content request for 0.20.205 Sustaining Release
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 18:11:16 GMT
Matt, Others,

Is the expectation that these fixes go into other release branches too (including 0.22, 0.23)
if applicable?

If not, my concern is that 0.22 is regressing further from the popular Apache release and
I'm inclined to abandon 0.22. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Nige

On Sep 2, 2011, at 6:40 PM, Arun Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Agree, +1.
>
> It will be good to ensure we get a more modern version of
> FairScheduler for interested folks.
>
> Arun
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> I'd like to propose backporting some of the new fair scheduler features that have
been out for almost 2 years now (in the 0.21 branch and trunk) into 0.20.205, especially https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-551
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-706. I will try to put together a patch
for this. It should be a matter of taking the trunk fairscheduler directory and just tweaking
anything that might be required to compile on 0.20.205; I don't think there are other major
differences.

>> Matei
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the input guys - I'll look at MAPREDUCE-2601,MAPREDUCE-2779 &
HADOOP-7602.

>>> Arun

Thomas
Payne,