hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.22/HBase 0.92 package repos are now available
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:45:37 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM, J. Rottinghuis <jrottinghuis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Will have to give BigTop a try...

Let me know if you have any feedback.

> With the patch for  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2277 applied
> Pig (0.8 for now, and 0.9 in the works) will compile and run against 0.22 as
> well.

I'm a little bit puzzled by the situation with Pig. It sounds like you need both
Pig 0.8.X and Pig 0.9.X be compilable and usable against .22. Bigtop currently
targets Pig 0.9.0 (since we had troubles compiling Pig 0.8 cleanly)
but if there's
a plan to have a release of Pig 0.8.X that would work with .22 I'd love to
jump on that bandwagon. Any plans on releasing 0.8.2 ?

As for Pig 9 -- will you be pursuing the shims strategy with your patch?

Thanks,
Roman.