hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "J. Rottinghuis" <jrottingh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mapred in .22 got broken all of a sudden
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2011 04:22:23 GMT
Yes, indeed avro has been uprevved: See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7646 and associates.

I think the first build error you see is due to Ivy partially resolving to
the previously generated code.
That's the same as build 75 of MR on 22.
ant veryclean or manual purge of ~/.ivy2 should clear that up.

Now we just have a problem on clover instrumented code. I suspect that again
we have some older versions lingering around, although I do not have access
to Jenkins to reproduce this at the moment.
My guess is that once a clean new SNAPSHOT is published this will be cleard
up. I'm working on setting up my new environment to confirm (that will take
a few days).

From: shaposhnik@gmail.com [shaposhnik@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Roman
Shaposhnik [rvs@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:08 PM
To: hadoop-general@apache.org
Subject: mapred in .22 got broken all of a sudden

Anybody knows what's going on? Avro update?

    [mkdir] Created dir:
[jsp-compile] 11/09/27 19:06:21 WARN compiler.TldLocationsCache:
Internal Error: File /WEB-INF/web.xml not found
    [javac] Compiling 524 source files to
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor
    [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonEncoder
    [javac]     this.encoder = new JsonEncoder(Event.SCHEMA$, out);
    [javac]                    ^
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : constructor
    [javac] location: class org.apache.avro.io.JsonDecoder
    [javac]     this.decoder = new JsonDecoder(schema, in);
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 2 errors