hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: abandoning 22 - was: Content request for 0.20.205 Sustaining Release
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 19:08:49 GMT
I am very interested in hearing what the community thinks about this
issue. I believe what happens here has long-term consequences.

AKAIK, the bylaws do not mention anything about "abandoning release". If
past is any indication, even if releases 0.19.*, and 0.21.* were not
adopted by large hadoop installations, these releases were cut, voted on,
and approved. Not "abandoned".

I am -1 (non-binding) on abandoning 0.22.

- Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)