hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 0.20.205 Sustaining Release branch plan and content plan
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2011 00:11:18 GMT
[REMINDER:  branch-0.20.205 will be created this weekend.]

Regarding "group 2" of the planning message, there were seven orphan
patches, already in 0.20-security, but not yet spoken for in 205:

   HADOOP-7400. Fix HdfsProxyTests fails when the -Dtest.build.dir
>  and -Dbuild.test is set a dir other than build dir (gkesavan).
>    HADOOP-7594. Support HTTP REST in HttpServer.  (szetszwo)
>    HADOOP-7596. Makes packaging of 64-bit jsvc possible. Has other
> bug fixes to do with packaging. (Eric Yang via ddas)
>    HDFS-1207. FSNamesystem.stallReplicationWork should be volatile.
>  (Todd Lipcon via dhruba)
>    HDFS-2259. DN web-UI doesn't work with paths that contain html. (eli)
>    HDFS-2309. TestRenameWhileOpen fails. (jitendra)
>    MAPREDUCE-7343. Make the number of warnings accepted by test-patch
>   configurable to limit false positives. (Thomas Graves via cdouglas)

Here is their disposition:

HADOOP-7400 and HADOOP-7596 are build/package infrastructure issues.  I need
them for the release, so they will be included.

HDFS-1207 is needed for append, is requested by Suresh, and will be
included.

HDFS-2259 is recommended by Eli, and will be included.

HDFS-2309 fixes a bug detected by a failing unit test in the 0.20 build.  It
will be included.

HADOOP-7594 is requested by Sanjay, and will be included.

MAPREDUCE-7343 doesn't exist!  It is really a reference to HADOOP-7343.  It
is requested by Nathan, and will be included.  (I fixed the CHANGES.txt
reference and caused the commit to show - as much as possible - in the
jira.)

So in summary, all the orphans have been claimed and championed.
--Matt