hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2011 19:24:32 GMT
Hi Arun!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm sorry if I had too many questions in my original email, but I can't find
an answer to my "integration tests" question. Could you, please, share
a URL with us where I can find out more about them?

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> # We made changes to Pig - rather we got help from the Pig team, particularly Daniel.
>
> So, we plan to work through the rest of the stack - Hive, Oozie etc. very soon and we'll
> depend on updated releases from the individual projects.

Do we have any kinds of commitment from downstream projects as far as those
updates are concerned? Are they targeting these changes as part of point (patch)
release of an already released version (like Pig 0.9.X for example) or
will it be
part of a brand new major release?

Thanks,
Roman.