hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Update on hadoop-0.23
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 05:27:39 GMT
Hi Doug, Jeff, Roman

Let me rephrase my point.  I'd like to request that folks take bigtop project discussions
onto the bigtop lists and don't greet status reports on general@hadoop with insinuations that
folks who are working really hard on this project should be contributing different things
to another project or are somehow misbehaving by testing on their own infrastructure with
their own users.  Any kind of testing is a gift to the community and adds value.  You are
all welcome to contribute too.  If you find issues, then file JIRAs and work on the appropriate
project lists.  I believe that observing these points of etiquette will help this project
continue to prosper.

I agree with you that the Hadoop project is healthy.  I'll leave the stats discussion to folks
who want to dig through the data.  I'm happy to go through the details with you offline.

Thanks,

E14