hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Content request for 0.20.205 Sustaining Release
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2011 01:40:09 GMT
Agree, +1.

It will be good to ensure we get a more modern version of
FairScheduler for interested folks.

Arun

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Matei Zaharia <matei@eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I'd like to propose backporting some of the new fair scheduler features that have been
out for almost 2 years now (in the 0.21 branch and trunk) into 0.20.205, especially https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-551
and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-706. I will try to put together a patch
for this. It should be a matter of taking the trunk fairscheduler directory and just tweaking
anything that might be required to compile on 0.20.205; I don't think there are other major
differences.

> Matei
>
> On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:48 AM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the input guys - I'll look at MAPREDUCE-2601,MAPREDUCE-2779 & HADOOP-7602.
>>
>> Arun
>>
>> On Sep 1, 2011, at 11:02 AM, John George wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Matt,
>>> I would like to bring HADOOP-7602 to your attention. I just filed it today
>>> and have a patch uploaded, but I think it should go in to 205.
>>> Thank you for considering.
>>>
>>> Regads,
>>> John George

Thomas