hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop build machine donations?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 17:53:32 GMT
You should check with ASF Infra for the actual answers - I'm just relaying
my impressions from talking with them.

1) They don't want "targeted donations" - i.e., a donated machine that is
solely for builds of a specific set of projects, rather than one that is
available for builds of any project.

2) I honestly don't know, but as I mentioned, they do prefer to get actual
boxes they can own rather than boxes or VMs living elsewhere.

3) I'm still trying to figure that out myself. =)

A.