hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop build machine donations?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:32:13 GMT
As a build guy by trade, I tend to like the idea of doing builds (with unit
tests) on a relative diversity of platforms. But the underlying hardware
should be consistent across the platforms, so that any variations in results
can be narrowed down to the platform differences rather than hardware
differences.

We're also going to need more platforms than just Ubuntu for Bigtop builds,
which is why I've been chatting with Infra on the question of machine
donations. =)

A.