hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:22:39 GMT
+1

If there are any changes to do with Maven that need doing after the
branch is cut (e.g. in MapReduce), then they can be done in trunk and
backported to the branch if the RM (Arun) agrees.

Cheers,
Tom

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>
>> It's looking like trunk is moving along rapidly - it's about time to start thinking
of the next release to unlock all of the goodies there.

>> As the RM, my current thinking is that after we merge NextGen MR (MR-279) and the
HDFS-1073 branch into trunk we should be good to create the hadoop-0.23 branch.

> Since the last time we spoke (actually, since last night, in fact!) the world (trunk)
has changed to accommodate our wishes... *smile*

> HDFS-1073 and MAPREDUCE-279 are presently in trunk and I think it's time to cut the 0.23
branch so that we can focus on testing and stabilizing a hadoop-0.23 release off that branch.