hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:28:18 GMT
+1.  This is great news.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:26 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Tom White wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> If there are any changes to do with Maven that need doing after the
>> branch is cut (e.g. in MapReduce), then they can be done in trunk and
>> backported to the branch if the RM (Arun) agrees.
>>

> In my opinion, generally, changes to build infrastructure are low risk and worth putting
in.

> So, it's a long way of saying - yes, we need the maven changes for hadoop-mapreduce.
:)

> Arun
>
>> Cheers,
>> Tom
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> Good morning!

thinking of the next release to unlock all of the goodies there.

and the HDFS-1073 branch into trunk we should be good to create the hadoop-0.23 branch.

>>> Since the last time we spoke (actually, since last night, in fact!) the world
(trunk) has changed to accommodate our wishes... *smile*

>>> HDFS-1073 and MAPREDUCE-279 are presently in trunk and I think it's time to cut
the 0.23 branch so that we can focus on testing and stabilizing a hadoop-0.23 release off
that branch.