hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Community Process for 0.20.205 Sustaining Release
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:04:13 GMT
Thanks for the prompt response Eric.

I have been traveling, and could reply to you immediately.

How long do you estimate 0.23 (or 0.22) would take to stabilize ? Based on
the past experience of release 0.19, even if it was not deployed at 1000+
node-scale, eventually, it did stabilize, and several small installations
did exist using that release.

With that in mind, and knowing the typical deployment schedules at a large
installation, I would expect 0.23 to be stable for production workloads
next summer. Since that is still 10 months away, do you expect that
sustaining releases on the 0.20.2xx branch to continue until then ?

- milind