hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Community Process for 0.20.205 Sustaining Release
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 07:05:07 GMT
> At the same time, we certainly do not wish 0.20-security to be viewed as a "trunk"; it
is important
that all patches go in trunk first, and only patches of manageable risk and high value to
production users, should go into
the sustaining releases.

Matt,

With all due respect, I have heard from "several of your associates", about features for making
hbase work with the 0.20.2xx. That sounds to me that 0.20-security to be trunk.

Can you clarify how that is going to work ?

Basically, what are your criteria for "manageable risk and high value to production users"
?

In particular, I would like to know why the insistence on 0.20.2xx being the default branch
to check-in these "innovations", instead of trunk.

 *   Milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and do not necessarily
represent the views of any organization, past or present, the author might be affiliated with.)