hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Scott Carey <sc...@richrelevance.com>
Subject Re: getting started building Mavenized hadoop common
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:59:52 GMT
Also note that if you trigger a profile that changes the repo, it
_replaces_ the other repos, it does not 'merge' them. So if you configure
a profile that defines an internal Maven repo, you have just 'erased' the
other repos from the POV of your build.

You must either: define both your internal repo AND the external ones in
the POM,
OR
Configure your internal repo to cascade to an external one for things it
does not find.

Generally, the latter is recommended because it gives your organization
more control over what is pulled and from where.