hadoop-general mailing list archives

From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop build machine donations?
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:01:59 GMT
That's good to know, Kos.

Is there any place I can find the actual usage (in terms of utilization /
memory-cpu-disk usage) of these build machines ?

Based on the Amazon EC2 pricing (http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/), I
would like to determine which type of instances would be adequate, and how
much yearly budget would be needed.

Since ASF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization, these
donations would be tax deductible for U.S. Based individuals. (Plus for
new AWS members, there is a free tier for 1 year.) Is there build infra in
place that will allow these individually donated ec2 instances to be
utilized ?

- Milind
---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs,
EMC

(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do
  not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)