hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:26:35 GMT

On Aug 18, 2011, at 2:22 PM, Tom White wrote:

> +1
>
> If there are any changes to do with Maven that need doing after the
> branch is cut (e.g. in MapReduce), then they can be done in trunk and
> backported to the branch if the RM (Arun) agrees.

In my opinion, generally, changes to build infrastructure are low risk and worth putting in.

So, it's a long way of saying - yes, we need the maven changes for hadoop-mapreduce. :)

Arun

> Cheers,
> Tom
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>> Good morning!
>>
>> On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:
>>
>>> It's looking like trunk is moving along rapidly - it's about time to start thinking
of the next release to unlock all of the goodies there.

>>> As the RM, my current thinking is that after we merge NextGen MR (MR-279) and
the HDFS-1073 branch into trunk we should be good to create the hadoop-0.23 branch.

>> Since the last time we spoke (actually, since last night, in fact!) the world (trunk)
has changed to accommodate our wishes... *smile*

>> HDFS-1073 and MAPREDUCE-279 are presently in trunk and I think it's time to cut the
0.23 branch so that we can focus on testing and stabilizing a hadoop-0.23 release off that
branch.