hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Hadoop build machine update
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 03:05:21 GMT
Hi Folks,

I've talked to the folks at Yahoo about the build machines and am happy to report that an
end to the blackout is in sight.

1) They need to reimage the machines, which is in progress and machines should be restored
within a week (pessimistically).

2) They plan to reach out to the apache infrastructure team and change the admin of these
machines to remove yahoo from the admin loop.  This should avoid future outages and give apache
more flexibility in managing the machines.

I'm told they will be posting more details today or tomorrow.  Everyone there is committed
to maintaining quality support for Apache and is concerned about the outage and making sure
it does not repeat.

Thanks,

E14