hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: hadoop-0.23
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 16:36:45 GMT
Good morning!

On Jul 13, 2011, at 3:39 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

> It's looking like trunk is moving along rapidly - it's about time to start thinking of
the next release to unlock all of the goodies there.

> As the RM, my current thinking is that after we merge NextGen MR (MR-279) and the HDFS-1073
branch into trunk we should be good to create the hadoop-0.23 branch.

Since the last time we spoke (actually, since last night, in fact!) the world (trunk) has
changed to accommodate our wishes... *smile*

HDFS-1073 and MAPREDUCE-279 are presently in trunk and I think it's time to cut the 0.23 branch
so that we can focus on testing and stabilizing a hadoop-0.23 release off that branch.

I propose to do it noon of the coming Monday (Aug 22).

Thoughts?

thanks,
Arun