hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <o...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Release updates for 0.20.204.0
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:44:56 GMT
Hi all,
  If you've been watching the development lists, you've seen that we've been converging on
a 0.20.204.0 release. Allen Wittenauer tested the previous release candidate (Thanks, Allen!)
and discovered that there is a race condition when it is run without security enabled. I'm
tracking down the race condition and hope to get it in the next day or so. As soon as I have
a fix for this issue, I'll start a new vote for 204.

  In terms of moving the 0.20.2xx line forward, I'd like to propose Matt Foley as the release
manager. He's a committer and I think he will do a great job of managing the 2xx releases.

-- Owen