hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop Java Versions
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:59:45 GMT
We could create an apache hadoop list of product selection discussions.  I believe this list
is intended to be focused on project governance and similar discussions.  Maybe we should
simply create a governance list and leave this one to be the free for all?

On Jul 2, 2011, at 9:16 PM, Ian Holsman wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2011, at 7:38 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Abhishek Mehta <abhishek@tresata.com>wrote:
>>
>>> open and honest conversations on this thread/group, irrespective of
>>> whether one represents a company or apache, should be encouraged.
>>>

>> Paradoxically, I partially agree with Ian on this.  On the one hand, it is
>> important to hear about alternatives in the same eco-system (and alternative
>> approaches from other communities).  That is a bit different from Ian's
>> view.
>
> While I don't mind that technical alternatives get discussed, I do get PO'd when
> the conversation goes into why product X is better than Y, or when someone makes claims
that are incorrect because some 'customer' told them and stuff like that.