hadoop-general mailing list archives

From sanjay Radia <san...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: HDFS-1623 branching strategy
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:40:21 GMT

On Jul 11, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Jakob Homan <jghoman@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Eli wrote:
>
> This is the *branch* policy, which if I understand correctly, the
> branch maintainer sets.
>
> Thanks,
> Eli

I do not understand the new role "branch maintainer". If this is to make decisions about the
branch, content and direction, I am not in favor of that. I think it should be a collaborative
process for folks working on the HA branch and not an individuals call.

 HA is a collaborative project based around the design that we published. Aaron has volunteered
to help merge trunk into this branch; others working on the project can also help in merging.
When it is finally merged into trunk we will go through the normal rules (as proposed by Jakob,
3+1s etc., assuming it passes).