hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eli Collins <...@cloudera.com>
Subject [VOTE] Abandon the HDFS proxy contrib component
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 21:26:29 GMT
Let's remove the HDFS proxy contrib component. It has not had a
meaningful contribution in almost a year.   We had to disable the
tests in HDFS-1666 because it is broken an no one has been willing to
maintain it.  Nigel started this vote previously, with the exception
of one vote everyone was +1. I tried several to follow up on the
original thread a couple of times but I never got a response so I
figured I'd start a new vote.

Btw, Alejandro is contributing a full HDFS proxy replacement (also
supports read/write, kerberos, etc) in HDFS-2178.

I'm +1.

Thanks,
Eli

1. http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-general/201102.mbox/%3CD97CF74A-147E-4573-B188-2F9C48CFC482@mac.com%3E